Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire images from Smart camera with Vision Builder AI

Hello Sir.

I have a inspection project developed by Vision Builder AI 3.6 with IEEE 1394 camera.
Recently I changed camera to Smart camera NI-1722 and try to setup the project .
But Vision Builder AI 3.6 with NI-1722 just can running at remote target mode .
I have to re-setup over all and finally it running very slow at NI-1722.

Could I using NI-1722 as same as IEEE-1394 camera or GiGE mode ,Setup a project in local computer 

and acquire images from NI-1722 processing by local system .

anyone have suggestion

thanks .... 

Also .... I found Smart Camera specification follow as

With Vision Builder AI, you can perform the following tasks:

Acquire and process images with any NI frame grabber
NI Compact Vision System, NI Embedded Vision System
NI Smart Cameras as well as GigE Vision, IEEE 1394 cameras
and USB DirectShow cameras

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,848 Views)

Vision Builder works the way you described it in configuration mode, where the image is acquired from the camera, and analysed/processed on the host PC.

But the goal of a smart camera is to actually perform the processing on it, not just acquire the image. This is the way Vision Builder AI has been designed to work when run in inspection mode (the whole inspection runs on the smart camera, and yes, it will not run as fast as on the host machine, because the processor is not as fast)

National Instruments released faster smart cameras than the one you're currently using. The NI-177x series delivers faster performance to process the images.

One way to do what you're describing is to create an inspection, that you run on the smart camera, that acquires the image and stores it in an system shared Image variable.

You can then create another inspection, running on the PC, that creates an image network variable pointing to the image shared variable from the camera and process that image. Let me know if you would like an example that illustrates how to do that.

Best regards,

-Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,834 Views)

Hello Christophe

I took your suggestion that I created a inspection in remote target.
It is included log images to ftp server. 
Processing time about half second pre a cycle .
But in our production line speed is above 25 pre second .

Can you tell me about example detail or more idea ?

Thanks ..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,808 Views)