Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access h.264 encoded video data stream from USB webcam

I need help in a video communications application. In my project, I need to acquire video with a USB webcam, modulate and transmit data through some medium and then receive and demodulate and display received video. I can do this with IMAQdx-Grab with decompressed image frame pixel values since IMAQdx automatically decodes while grabbing. However, using these decoded pixel values means converting each frame to a vector of bits and modulating, transmitting, demodulating these vectors, and it takes too much bandwidth and processing time. My priority is getting as close to real-time as possible with limited available bandwidth. Hence, I'd like to access encoded video data stream instead of pixel values and transmit these instead of the full frame pixel values. I know Logitech c925e has on-board h.254 AVC and SVC compression and provides encoded stream. So, my question is, is there a way to access this data stream using Labview with IMAQdx or any other driver? And similarly, is it possible to decode the received bitstream and display the decoded video frames?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,037 Views)

Hi gt,

I noticed that you opened up a Service Request with our Applications Engineering department. If you're able to find additional information from them, go ahead and update this post with any solutions.

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,992 Views)