From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVI2 Get Codec Names Hangs and Crashes on Win10

Solved!
Go to solution

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?  When I run this VI with either the Codec Source control set to "Default" or "System" the VI just hangs and then 10 seconds later all of LabVIEW crashes with no warning or anything.  This is just running the VI standalone, not in any code or anything else.  This is occurring on Windows 10 running LabVIEW 2018 64 bit.

My goal is to be able to write monochrome 16bit video to a AVI file.  Is there a way to just have it write uncompressed to an AVI file?  I don't really care about file size.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,993 Views)

Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this issue on a Win10 Home with LV2018 64-bit Professional, Vision Development Module 18.0.0. It works without problems for me.

1) Try reinstalling your version of VDM and if that doesn't work, LabVIEW

2) Technically, you could try the legacy version of the AVI functions (\vi.lib\vision\Avi1.llb). They tend to be less buggy.

3) I usually just store the images in a folder and then call an command line command to create a video of needed. Much more control over what I' doing.

4) LV2018? Really? Why such a fresh/unknown version without a SP?

B

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,979 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MGould

To follow up, I did try most of these suggestions.  I didn't try reinstalling since I didn't want to spend hours and hours reinstalling, The AVI 1 version did the exact same crash, and installing the F1 patch to LabVIEW 2018 did nothing.  I later found that the LabVIEW AVI doesn't seem to support 16 bit monochrome anyway, so I gave up and went down another path (hello libtiff!) that ended up working out..  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,958 Views)