Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Bachelor Thesis Suggestment

Hi Guys, im a Mechanical Engineer Student and i was Told my by supervisor that i should start writing my thesis about “ labview and machine vision “ however this task given to me last week so im fairly fresh and still studying the whole Labview program. Thus i was wondering if people who have more knowledge could share their ideas or suggestions so i can easily direct myself to it and focus on that field more. 

thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(903 Views)

An interesting thesis topic..  Are you interested the history?  The tools themselves?  It's penetration in the market place?  It's future?

There are richer / deeper machine vision libraries on the market.  In my mind, the thing that makes NI Vison the tool of choice (aside from the wirehead mentality) is the easy integration to the LabVIEW platform.  If you know LabVIEW, it's a natural extension, especially when using the vision algorithm to control industrial processes.

National instruments has changed considerably since Jim Truchard (the founder) stepped down.  I am concerned that the vision development module may be treated as poor sibling, and not keep up with the industry as a whole.

Fortunately, I am old and can quit the business any time, so if the product does not remain competitive in the market place, my livelihood is not in jeopardy.

The vision development module was originally a thrid party product, and NI bought the rights to code.  They have made many improvements since.  It's still my platform of choice (mostly, because it integrates so well  with the rest of the LabVIEW suite, and because I know how to use it).

Feel free to continue discussion, or reach out.

Cheers

Robert

Message 2 of 2
(880 Views)