From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Ethernet Port NI1744 Problem

I'm using a NI1744 Smartcam to connect to a cRIO-9012, this works through a tcp connection. I did set this up to communicate without a PC.

It's fully working if I use the first port of the Smartcam, if I try to use the 2nd port nothing happens.

I did set it up at MAX, I did choose the same IP as the first port, also tried different IP's but nothing seems to help.

Even if I simply put the ethernet cable in the 2nd port and connect it to the PC it doesn't show up in MAX, if I put the PC in the first port and cRIO in 2nd nothing happens.

Is this 2nd port totally useless and just for show or what am I doing wrong?

The only thing I wanna do with the PC is to show the Image of the smartcam on a laptop screen and add some simple functionality to the system. Like a pause button, previous/next buttons.

On both ports I use a static IP setup

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,630 Views)

It is correct that you cannot comunicate between your smart camera NI-1744 and cRIO-9012 or MAX through it's port 2. Because the port 1 is the primary port which is suitable for comunicate between the smart camera and MAX or Vision builder. Port 2 or secondary port is just to comunicate with your software and you can use it programmatically to transfer the data through it and get that data with LabVIEW or other devices.

Moreover, you need to use different IP's for each port. Otherwise it doesn't work.

To get more info about that you can click to the links below.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6881

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7103 

Best regards,

Hossein128

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,580 Views)