From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systembuild External Input order

Hi
Is there any way to change the order of external input assigned to superblock ?
Specially when  they are many.

Thanks

Regards
Ishant Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,539 Views)
There used to be a capability, and I don't recall if it was on the inputs or the outputs side of the superblock, you have to try to see which one works. If it were on the inputs you would bring up the connection editor of the superblock of interest. Then you would increase the vector size of the inputs; there should be a number that you can actually increase by typing a new one in its place. It might not be obvious that it is a number you can change. Once that vector is changed, then you can use your left mouse and click between the input numbers where you want to insert the new connection. If it goes where you want, then you have achieved your objective, if it goes at the bottom, then that is a bummer, because what I am recalling must be for the outputs.

Let me know if this helps.

G
Garrett Thurston
gthurston@foliage.com
Phone: 781.993.5540
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,537 Views)

Thanks Garrett for reply.

But the things didn't go the way you mentioned.

I could not change order of assigned inputs.

Other problem is you can not delete intermediate inputs once assigned, i mean if at later stage if you want to reduce no of inputs to a superblock to a lesser no. then you can not do it by just changing no of inputs in superblock properties editor, it will delete your highest no. inputs.

So is there any way to handle this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,492 Views)
Isn't that disappointing. At what point did it not reflect my comments? Are you looking for cush a change at the block or the superblock level. I believe that my comments should have been appropriate at the suberblock level.
Garrett Thurston
gthurston@foliage.com
Phone: 781.993.5540
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,485 Views)