MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATRIXx IDE Framework has stopped working

I am trying to install an evaluation license on MATRIXx 8.1.1, and when I install the license in it's appropriate folder and try to run the program it gives me an error that the MATRIXx IDE Framework has stopped working. I also tried to intall the license file by openning the NI License Manager, but it gives me an error that the license file is invalid or corrupt. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(11,547 Views)

Hello,

You shouldn't need to install an evaluation license for MATRIXx outside of the normal installation process, do you have a separate file you are trying to install?  From where did you get the file?  What OS are you using?  Have you seen this on multiple computers or do you only have one?

Thanks,

Angela M
Staff Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(11,535 Views)

Hello Angela, 

This is the instructions I received as to how I could install the license file I received as an attachment in an email: 

I have enclosed an evaluation license file. Just place this file in the folder:
             C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MATRIXx\MATRIXxLicenseManager\Licenses

I tried to do this, but when I started the program I would receive the following message: 

MATRIXx IDE Framework has stopped working.

Then I tried installing the file with the NI License Manager program, but it gave me the following message:

Error installing the license file: MATRIXx_PKG_080100.lic

Reason: The license file is invalid or corrupt. 

I received the file from MATRIXx sales rep. My OS is Windows 7. Just one computer. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Amparo 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(11,530 Views)

It sounds like you might have a corrupt license file. You are copying the license file to the correct location.

MATRIXx 8.1.x has been tested and verified to work on Windows 7.

I would highly suggest downloading MATRIXx 8.1.4 from the MATRIXx ftpsite for your MATRIXx evaluation.

ftp://matrixx:715mtview@ftp.ni.com/outgoing/windows/814

In the future, contact MATRIXx@ni.com for any licensing problems.  We can email you back with an updated license file.

Note: The NI License Manager does not support MATRIXx licensing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(11,514 Views)