From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Louisville KY LabView User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -65581 working with RIO products UHG! Part 1

Hello Louisville User Group. This is the first segment of error -65581 UHG! After much work with NI's tech support and a whole lot of time later, I felt it is my duty to share this with the community. Everyone I spoke to at NI indicated the I/O was toast, UNTIL RECENTLY and two more RIO devices later.

If you run into error code -65581 while working with RIO products, it doesn't necessarily mean the I/O is fried. It is highly likely caused by programming in the hybrid mode. What that means is your project is utilizing both the FPGA target and the scan mode target (i.e. Real-Time) at the same time. This causes a conflict with the RIO device I/O. There is a solution! You must first build a blank VI under the FPGA target then perform a build specification for that FPGA VI. Then are Real-Time VI is created with reference to the FPGA VI. See the link below on how to do this.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373197B-01/cserieshelp/scan_interface_for_modules_rt/

A word of caution. If for some reason you have to move a module from under the FPGA target to the Real Time target (or vice-versa), the build specification for the FPGA VI will have to be rebuilt.

Good luck!

Message 1 of 1
(4,338 Views)