Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"S7 HMI adapter OPC driver"

When a new channel was created within the Lookout OPC server version 4.5, it was unable to establish a connection with a Siemens S7-300 PLC (CPU Model: 313).

The error message displayed was "no response from PLC."

The PLC was connected to the computer via the Siemens PC adapter (Part No. 6ES7 972-0CA23-0XA00) on COM 1 and the driver installed was the HMI adapter for S7-300/400.

I have tried checking the connections and COM port settings and they seemed to be alright.

However, I was unable to re-configure the baud rate of the S7_HMI driver from 9600 to 19200.

The baud rate for the Siemens PC adapter has to be fixed at 19200 (reflected in the adapter manual.)

Would be grateful if anyone could advise on what could be done to es
tablish the communication between the PLC and the Lookout OPC server and email me at pwdt2002@yahoo.com. Are there any new Lookout drivers that is compatible with (Part No. 6ES7 972-0CA23-0XA00.

According to the NI knowledgebase Document ID: 26LDUH6Q, the current HMI adapter supported is 6ES7-972-0CA11-0XA0.

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,998 Views)
This is correct. The S7_HMI object was only designed to work with the HMI Adapter (p/n 6ES7-972-0CA11-0XA0) and not with the PC Adapter. The change in baud rate is not the only difference between the HMI Adapter and PC Adapter.
Using the driver objects from Lookout OPC Server you can also use either the S7PPI_Applicom or S7MPI_Applicom objects together with an Applicom board.
To continue using the PC Adapter, you will need an OPC server that supports the PC Adapter.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,998 Views)
This is correct. The S7_HMI object was only designed to work with the HMI Adapter (p/n 6ES7-972-0CA11-0XA0) and not with the PC Adapter. The change in baud rate is not the only difference between the HMI Adapter and PC Adapter.
Using the driver objects from Lookout OPC Server you can also use either the S7PPI_Applicom or S7MPI_Applicom objects together with an Applicom board.
To continue using the PC Adapter, you will need an OPC server that supports the PC Adapter.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,998 Views)