Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one control update another (Lookout 4.0.1)

Hi,

I am trying to support a customer with very old code in Lookout 4.0.1. What I need to do is get one Pot control to update the value in another. They have this in place already and I have tried to copy how this is done but when I do this by adding a new control (Pot Object) and setting the value parameter (right click, edit connections.. in Connection Browser) to the other control it does not update. I suspect I have missed a parameter somewhere but I don't know what it is!!

If anyone could guide me I would be very grateful

Kevin 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,384 Views)

Hi,

In your process, if there are two pots which are pot1 and pot2, and you want to use pot 2 to control pot1, you can right click pot1 and choose edit connections, then confugure it as the following pictures, the function will be realized. You can have a try again.

360截图20161114153353556.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,353 Views)

Hi,

Thanks that was very helpful, I had the connection the wrong way round i.e. I thought I had to write  the value in rather than read it. All sorted, thanks.

I do have another related question though, how do I set Pot2 value from a push button. I want to set it to zero when the button is off and to say 20 when on. I can see I can use the same connection principle but how do I apply the coding logic I need.

Thanks again

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,349 Views)

If the pot is pot1 and the push button is pb1, you can configure the pot edit connection as the following picture.

360截图20161115113305512.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,332 Views)

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,325 Views)