Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not a lookout process

I created a file in Lookout 6.0.2.  I rebooted the pc and reopened Lookout.  On attempt to launch the process I created, I received the error "Not a Lookout process file".  What can I do to open this file?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,169 Views)

Most likely the process file is for whatever reason corrupted.  You can recompile the source by opening the .lks file.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,164 Views)

I started having the same problems, when I try to recompile by opening the source file I get 'Compile Failed'. The error is 'Object is not defined: Invalid signal'.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,293 Views)

Can you provide more detail of the compile error?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,289 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,275 Views)

Open the source file (ebbpsrv.lks) in a text editor and search for INVALIDSIGNAL.  There will probable be two, one on or near line # 1120 and another on or near line # 23125.  You can delete the INVALIDSIGNAL text and try to recompile, but you may have to delete the object definition completely.  You can create a new process file with only the object causing the problem to copy a 'clean' object definition into your ebbpsrv.lks file and then hopefully (fingers crossed) it will compile. 

Message 6 of 10
(5,269 Views)

That worked, thank you very much !!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,253 Views)

It happened again, so I copied fresh working files (l4p,l4t,lka,lks) from a backup machine. The process file will run each time without any problems until I do a compile from the source file, it fails with 'compile failed', but now when I run the process file I'm back to the ''Not a Lookout process file' error. It looks like the Lookout executable is corrupting the files. There was something similar a few years back with a ABS function bug that required a patch. 

Message 8 of 10
(5,244 Views)

The problem was caused by previously configured points not being completely removed and the process file was saved, creating a bad source file that was never compiled, then all was saved to backup.

Message 9 of 10
(5,218 Views)

Thanks for this awesome detailed solution.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,537 Views)