From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookout 6.0 - alarms stopped logging

our alarms in Lookout 6.0 have stopped logging to the database for approximately a month. I have tried to view in Max but only alarms older than approx a month can be seen. Data traces are current.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,768 Views)
Create a new database in MAX. In Lookout, select the new database for logging. Then archive the old database to the new one. You can detach/delete the old database.
If it's solved in this way, the old database has something wrong.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,738 Views)

I too have this same problem and was told the same thing, but it happens after about 2 months of creating the new database. The previous database was created on 2/15/07. It stopped recording alarms/events on 4/11/07. I did not realize it until August 07. I created a new database on 8/3/07. It has stopped recording alarms/events as of 09/11/07 so I didn't make it very long. Prior to the 02/07 database, I had created 3 others that stopped logging data.

It is frustrating to have to keep creating databases all the time. I do not believe the issue is with the database.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,572 Views)

Alarms, Events, and logging to historical database for hyper trends make the database folder too big too fast.

Try a cleaning of the events and alarms (or avoid as much as possible unnecessary events and alarm records). Try also to create the database folder out of Lookout folder (i.e C:\Data).

Detaching, deleting, and creating databases can create fragmentation of the Hard Drive with the time as well. As a tumb rule, keep checking if the hard drive is asking for a defragmentation and how big is the database once in a while. I had that before......

Good luck this time......Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,567 Views)