Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookout 6.0.2

I had to reinstall our lookout run-time development software version 6.0.2.  It opens up fine and runs the default process file that is included with it, but when I try to open one of my clients server process files, it freezes and I am unable to do anything with it.  I tried recompiling my customer's server process file for the lks file and it does the same thing.  I am guessing that there is a file on my computer that is not running or missing that it needs.  Please help.

Werner Knight
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,447 Views)

Have you installed the lookout 6.0.2 updates?

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/506/lang/en

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,435 Views)

I installed the updates, it still shows my version as being 6.0.2. build 1.  I tried running my process file and it still crashes when the file loads.  I tried installing lookout on my laptop machine and left it as a trial version, and it opens up the process file fine even though it only is licensed for 50 points since it is in trial mode, where as my desktop machine that is having problems is licensed for 500 points.  I have tried to reinstall this program on my desktop machine a couple of times and even applied the 6.0.2. updates, but it still won't open my clients' process files without crashing.

Werner Knight
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,418 Views)

The version is not a problem. The trial version is actually exactly the same as the 500 points version.

On the lookout crash, there is a windows dialog box. Click "click here", what's the application name and the module name?

Could you upload your process to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming? I want to try it on my computer.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,410 Views)

When the program crashes, it doesn't give me any error messages.  It just says at the top of the menu bar that the server is not responding.  This only happens with the server process file on my desktop pc, the client process files runs okay.  I have uploaded the process files under the filename "stmarystest.zip" to your ftp site.  Please check it out for me.  This file was originally created using this version of lookout on this desktop pc, so obviously something has changed in the PC that is conflicting with lookout.  This pc is running windows xp, but the firewall is turned off.  let me know what you find out.

Werner Knight
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,388 Views)

I don't see crash or hang. I'm able to run the process, and let it run for hours without any problem. I use Lookout 6.0.2.

Is it actually a crash or hang? Is lookout closed immediately?

Copy the .lks file to a different folder, and load the .lks file individually. If it hangs with "server is not responding" message, please give a screenshot of it. I don't have idea where this message is.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,343 Views)

I tried what you suggested, but it still hangs.  When the process file loads, you get the menu bar and the process window, but it is minimized.  Within a few seconds the cursor is still busy (shaped as "hourglass"), when the cursor lets me try to click on a menu item or to maximize the process window, the cursor goes busy and the menu bar goes away then it displays server_process not responding at top of screen.  The only way to close the program is to select the "X" in the upper right corner which then brings up the windows screen claiming that the program is not responding and asks if it is okay to close it or do I still want to wait to see if it responds.  I close it and it closes ok.  I sent a screen shot of it when it hangs up,  to your ftp site under the name "LookoutTest Screen.docx".  The problem is most likely in my windows, but I don't know where to look.  Do you know if this version of lookout is compatible with Windows 7?  Let me know what you find out.  Thanks

Werner Knight
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,338 Views)

Lookout 6.0.2 doesn't support Windows 7.

Could you download the lookout 6.5 and try it with your process? If 6.5 works, the problem is the compatibility with windows 7.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1579/lang/en

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,319 Views)

I do not currently have windows 7 installed, I was just asking to see if I would still be able to use this version if I upgraded to it.  I currently run Windows XP Pro SP2

Werner Knight
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,315 Views)