From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookout 3.5 adding modbus numeric input and output for comm with remote RTU

Smiley HappyI need to configure one numeric input and one numeric output in an existing lookout box.  Current configuration.  Lookout 3.5 – communicating to remote sites using a slave / master radio configuration.  Lookout is polling data from each site using Modbus.  The radio configuration is transparent.  The module that I am trying to communicate with is Micrologix.  I plan to write a small program that will use a user input (0-100) to control a single valve, and give a feedback signal from a positioner.  The data rate is 4800, parity none, Data bits 8, stop bits1, & and I am not sure what Modbus registries are available ( can I export the database and take a look??).  Please give me an idea of what I should do?

I am a little confused.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,292 Views)

Lookout 3.5 doesn't have the feature to export all the IO connections. We added this feature in later version.

You can open the .lks file in notepad, pick a register number, and search the whole file.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,271 Views)