Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identify the clients

One of my Lookout Servers is setup for 4 clients (that's how many I figured I needed for that process). Well, I can account for the 4 clients i'm using, but my Servers say that too many clients are connected. I need to find out which of my users are connecting to that Lookout Server (running the client file for that server on their PC). Any ideas on how I can identify 'who' is connected to a particular Lookout Server? So I can ask him/her just why he/she thinks he/she needs to see this process??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,872 Views)
Start > Run, type 'cmd' (without the ').
In the console type 'netstat -ano' this diplays the list of all connections on your computer.

Look for the Lookout port numbers for the connections. or the current PID (Process ID in task manager) of lookout. 

Mike

Message Edited by Mike@DTSI on 12-10-2007 05:40 PM

Message Edited by Mike@DTSI on 12-10-2007 05:41 PM
Mike Crabtree - Lead Developer
Destek of Nevada, Inc. / Digital Telemetry Systems, Inc.
(866) 964-6948 / (760) 247-9512
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,870 Views)
Also :
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/TcpView.mspx

very handy
Mike Crabtree - Lead Developer
Destek of Nevada, Inc. / Digital Telemetry Systems, Inc.
(866) 964-6948 / (760) 247-9512
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,867 Views)

Thanks for the sugestions. I tryed both. Using either of these methods, I am able to see the PLC's that are attached to the Lookout Server (ethernet PLC's) However, both of the methods are not showing the client PC's. I even created a new process on the Lookout Server PC, and created a corresponding client process to run on one of the Lookout Client PC, and both of the 2 methods did not show this Lookout Client being connected to the Lookout Server PC. So, If you might know of any 'tricks' I have to do to get either of these two suggested methods to advise me about the Lookout Client being connected to the Lookout Server PC, that would be great. Or if anyone knows how to tell 'who' (Lookout Client PC) is using one of my Client Licenses on the Lookout Server, pleae advise.

thanks,

REAndy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,849 Views)