Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email port number change

I remember seeing maybe a new mailer .cbx file was available that had the ability to change the outgoing port number from the default of 25 to another port #. I am using Lookout 6.6 but don't see a way to do this. Is there a fix for this? And is NI going to ever address the problem of authentication required and SSL for the mailer? Just telling people to use an SMTP server that doesn't require authentication isn't really a solution, many ISP's don't allow third party servers to be used.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,534 Views)

Ryan can you email me the mailer object that has port # change? email is mjrx@comcast.net This would be for version 6.0.2

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,526 Views)

Do you want 6.6 or 6.0.2? This feature has already been added to 6.6. Create a mailer.ini file with below content

[All]
SMTPport=25

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,517 Views)

The authentication is supported in 6.6, but the SSL is not supported. Is it necessary for you to use a mail server that requires the SSL?

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,516 Views)

I need the port change for version 6.0.2. As far as the SSL is concerned, the ISP's mail server is SSL. This particular ISP does not allow the use of third party servers (many ISP's do not) so just changing mail servers is not an option.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,506 Views)