Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

devicenet inputs

First time I've used Lookout so I'm lost 

I've created a simple program to read a few registers from our controller using devicenet but for the life of me I can't figure out how to write to some registers in lookout.

I have an object with all the different data types but I don't know how to write to a few registers.

I have a NI DNET card and I can read just fine. I have 20 bytes as outputs and 22 bytes as inputs, so far I can only access the inputs.

SOOOO confused

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,983 Views)

For example you want to write SINT0. In Object Explorer, right click on devicenet object's "SINT0" and drag onto the panel, you will be asked to create a pot or switch. Control the pot and write the data.

Another way is to create a pot object first. In Object Explorer, right click on the devicenet object, select Edit Connections... Click the datamember, such as SINT0, you can modify to SINTx, and click "Select". The yellow field is where you input the expression. You can browse and select an existing pot. Then the connection will be SINTx = Pot1. Click Accept to confirm the connection. After you create the connection, the devicenet object will write the pot's value to device.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,974 Views)

OK thanks I'm able to make an output now.

How can I point it to my  output assembly (instance 150), when I made the pot it is by default pointed to my input assembly(instance 100).

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,971 Views)

I don't understand why the pot is by default pointed to the input. Actually you can create a pot that is connected to nothing. And then you create the connection in object's "Edit connections..."

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,954 Views)