From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detect a switch transition

I am trying to detect a switch transition, if the operator changes the switch position; I need to pop up a box to say this is a slow link.

I created a function where this works when everything is local, but when I link the switch to the server which is a Modbus object on a very slow link, I cannot read back the instantaneous position of the switch.

Am I missing a simpler way?

Lookout 6.6

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,332 Views)
Hi, reading the instantaneous position of the romote switch is similar with reading local one, there's no extra step that you should add. When you edit connection of the pop up box, you should only navigate to the server of the very computer under Netwotk and select the point you want to control, the function can be fullfilled.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,273 Views)

Here is a simplified example. I have a switch that starts a motor via an RTU over a slow radio link.

Created switch on client with remote source (server data member Modbus control object)

I drag a logical signal from this (server) data member back into my client.

This logical signal will not go true until the server gets a response back from the RTU that it has received the command.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,259 Views)
Hi, I think it is normal, because when you drag a logical signal from the (server) data member back into your client, actually , the logical signal in your server and client are actually the one , they are just shown in different computers and panels, so the logical signal in client is synchronized the one in server server which gets a response from the RTU.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,237 Views)