Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citadel5 linked server sql

Anyone out there know how to create a linked server to a remote CITADEL5 database from SQL Server?  This is attempting to connect to a Lookout 6.6 server.  I assume that this would be the same for Labview users too, that there should be a way to connect to a remote citadel 5 database.  I have installed the Lookout 6.6 client on the SQL server attempting to make the connection and have successfully created and tested an ODBC system DSN, which is what I am trying to use for the connection.

I have a successful ODBC connection, but when I go to create a linked server I am getting the following:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio ------------------------------

The linked server has been created but failed a connection test. Do you want to keep the linked server?

------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "LinkedServerName". OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "LinkedServerName" returned message "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed". OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "LinkedServerName" returned message "[ATI][OpenRDA ODBC]RDA error: Resource unknown - Database Name:CITADEL5 is not valid on Server.". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,011 Views)

I believe my error is similar to yours, in a slightly different context. I have installed the Lookout client on my network PC, and I have successfully created an ODBC data source that points to my Citadel server by server name (connection tests o.k. from within 32-bit ODBC administrator, at least). When I try to connect to this data source in Excel, MS Query gives me "RDA error: Resource unknown - Database Name:CITADEL5 is not valid on Server."

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,653 Views)