From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citadel5 linked server sql

Anyone out there know how to create a linked server to a remote CITADEL5 database from SQL Server?  This is attempting to connect to a Lookout 6.6 server.  I assume that this would be the same for Labview users too, that there should be a way to connect to a remote citadel 5 database.  I have installed the Lookout 6.6 client on the SQL server attempting to make the connection and have successfully created and tested an ODBC system DSN, which is what I am trying to use for the connection.

I have a successful ODBC connection, but when I go to create a linked server I am getting the following:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio ------------------------------

The linked server has been created but failed a connection test. Do you want to keep the linked server?

------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "LinkedServerName". OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "LinkedServerName" returned message "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed". OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "LinkedServerName" returned message "[ATI][OpenRDA ODBC]RDA error: Resource unknown - Database Name:CITADEL5 is not valid on Server.". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,012 Views)

I believe my error is similar to yours, in a slightly different context. I have installed the Lookout client on my network PC, and I have successfully created an ODBC data source that points to my Citadel server by server name (connection tests o.k. from within 32-bit ODBC administrator, at least). When I try to connect to this data source in Excel, MS Query gives me "RDA error: Resource unknown - Database Name:CITADEL5 is not valid on Server."

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,654 Views)