Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client proc. call another web client proc. & make it visible.

I need to have one web client make another web client visible in the browser, they both have the same server and access the same database on that server. The clients have to do this and not the browser, one of the clients prints the other clients panels.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,848 Views)

Hi,

Is it OK to launch another client in a new browser window? If yes, in your first client, you can use the Run object to launch IE with your Server URL. And tie a PushButton to it, for instance.

The command line would look like:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe http://server_url"

Include the double-quotes as well.

Hope this helps.

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,848 Views)
This may work, I'll have to try it. There are a few problems though, first the printing issue, how do I get one client to print all the other client panels using this method. Also, these client processes are also viewed (and used) on normal workstation clients. Is there a way to have the client "know" if its a WEB client or a normal client?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,848 Views)
To print panels of the other client, you could create a PushButton, for instance, in the Server and tie it to the other Client's print datamember of a panel (using Edit connections). And then in the first client create another PushButton and remote it to the .value datamember of the PushButton in the Server. I hope this makes sense.

I don't know of a built-in way to know if the Client is standalone or running in a browser. What you could probably try doing is have a "state" boolean in the Client, which you can set at the same time you launch it in the browser. Just a thought.

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,848 Views)