Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORKING process.fil files to use for examples PLEASE?

To setup succesful remote client access using both "HTTP://" (web Server) and file directory access "\\servername\sharename\process.htm" (fileserver).

I'm having VERY mixed and inconsistent results and would like to test known working formats (process.htm and process.fil files, etc.)on different client operating systems and domain/permission combos.

Thanks,
Ed
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,033 Views)
Ed, I have a working app if you would like to see it. It is a server app (all drivers) and a client app (all symbolic links) with the client app being served to the intranet. The clinet app is also running on 5 other client nodes. I am using OPC client drivers that are looking to RSLinx OEM for data. If you have any questions you can email me at cfinley@excel.net
Message 2 of 4
(3,033 Views)
Carl,
What I really need to see for a working app, is the process.htm file and the process.fil file. I want to see settings that work so I might troubleshoot the default settings that my Lookout 5.1 is throwing out (which never work for HTTP:// access and somewhat work for directory access to the process.htm file that lookout client processes (also all symlinks) export).

Iv'e worked through the DNS, file/directory/web_server access permission, etc and can't seem to nail down the culprits. I absolutely cannot get a complete automatic download from the web server to the client under any conditions. I have (sometimes) been able to get a download when accessing directly through a file share or mapped network drive, but even then, results seem inconsistent.

I can't believe no one else is having problems....

Thanks Again,
Ed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,033 Views)
OK Ed, If I keep trying I'll eventually get what you are looking for. I am attatching my folder "lkwebclient" which is located in C:\inetpub\wwwroot. My export options look like this:

export directory: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\lkwebclient\

Server URL: http://scadaserver/lkwebclient/

The name of my machine is "scadaserver". Now I know that some of the problems I have encountered with Lookout have come from me overlooking a simple step, so don't forget that once you setup your export options you have to go to file>>export web server files. I'm sure you've already done that but thought I would mention it anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,033 Views)