cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update speed

System arch is as follows:

Siemens 565, remote I/O, Lookout 5.1, Server app

Question;
How can I speed up the display of analog values on the screen?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,763 Views)

Here are a few things you can try. I am assuming you're using the Siemens TI505 Object and have a CP1413 card in your PC. Most of these suggestions are for the general performance improvement of your app.

1. Try to increase the PollRate. This is the most obvious, but updates will be ultimately limited by the CP1413 card.

2. Lookout's Online Help on Siemens TI505 has a link to 'Configure H1-TF'. This points out all the configuration details for the CP1413. See if you can speed-up anything there.

3. Can you try increasing the scan cycle time of the PLC logic? Is there a diagnostic utility or some other way for you to check the updates independent of Lookout? This would give an idea as to where the bottleneck is.

4. This varies from drive
r to driver: try using contiguous data registers in the PLC. Most drivers do "block reads" for efficiency. Not sure if the TI505 does this.

5. If you have a few critical registers that need faster updates than the rest, use two Objects -- one for the ciritcal ones with a faster PollRate, and the second for the rest with a slower PollRate. This may not work depending on how the CP1413 handles its communications (works fine for serial drivers, for instance).

6. Looks like you have already done this: separate the Server Process from Client processes. All graphics/animation should only be limited to the Client processes. And display only that data which you really need.

7. Do not log data that you don't need. And log with a meaningful update-deadband.

8. Filter out Events if you do not need them.

9. Hide HyperTrends on pop-up panels and bring these up only when needed.

10. Avoid spinners, animation object, huge graphics whenever possible.

As I
said, most of the above are suggestions for general performance improvement which may help a little.

Others, please feel free to add your tips.

Regards,

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,763 Views)