From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Lookout Recognizing Fieldbus Network

Hi,  I'm trying to log some data on a Fieldbus network using Lookout's Data Logging capabilities.  The problem I'm running into is that whenever I open lookout and try to have Lookout talk with the Fieldbus network, it doesn't display any of the fieldbus drivers in the object explorer.  I'm using NI-FBUS PCMCIA and the newest version of Configurator.  I've tried deleting the Lookout.dat file just as the help file tells me but still no dice when i open Lookout back up with the Fieldbus network running.  The Fieldbus network works just fine.  Configurator tells me that all devices are working and in the Auto Mode and displaying relevant values.  I'm kinda stuck and would appreciate any help in this matter.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,314 Views)
Create OPCClient object in Lookout. The Fieldbus OPC server is called NIFB_OPCDA.3. Then you should see the connected devices.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,307 Views)
It works!  Hooray!  Thank you Very Much!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,295 Views)