Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print panel problem in Lookuot 6.1 client application

When I print panel (pop-up panel) from lookout client application I cannot close it after printing. The red cross on the top of the panel become invisible. I send command for print panel using left mouse click on panel drop-down list and choose command "Print panel" .
Albert
Message 1 of 11
(7,158 Views)

lookout web client?

Please give a screenshot of it.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,150 Views)

This happened in Lookout client installation (not a web client). In attachment please find the screenshot.

Albert
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,148 Views)
okay. What does it look like after you print it?
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,144 Views)

ok, see attached file.

Albert
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,142 Views)

I cannot reproduce it on my test computer. The red X is still there after print.

The workaround for you now is to use "Close" in menu.

Could you create another process with a pop-up panel and test? If the problem only exist in your current process, could you give me the process and let me try?

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,133 Views)

Did you try this with Lookout client installation? I cannot reproduce problem on my lookout server installation. This happened on customers site and I cannot make another tests at this moment.

Albert
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,128 Views)

Yes, I tried it with Lookout 6.1 Client on a clean machine.

How about other panels in the client process?

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,102 Views)

All pop-up panels have the same behavior. After printing close action is disabled at all (red cross and close command from menu). Only what customer can do is minimize panels, but it is not suitable for user interface to have behavior like this.

Albert
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,097 Views)

I can reproduce it on my computer, lookout development. The issue here is the security level. By default, in system settings, the user whose level is below 8 cannot exit Lookout. When I log in with level 5, then click the menu of panel, the "Close" is disable, and the red x will be disable then. It seems that all red X and "Close" are disabled, including Lookout's, and panel's. I don't need to print, just clicking the menu of panel can disable it.

So, what's the login user level in your lookout client?

I don't find a workaround, the only way is to login with higher level, and click the menu again. I believe it is a bug.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,091 Views)