From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling RTU's

Solved!
Go to solution

Can Lookout 6.7.1 display the time that an RTU was last polled in a system? Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,009 Views)

Yes, by using the update data member.  The update member goes low when Lookout sends a request and goes (and remains) high when it receives a reply.  Lots of ways to accomplish this, one example is:

text(now(Modbus1.update), "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm")

Message 2 of 7
(4,997 Views)

Thank you. I will look into this. If I have any issues, I may be back to ask more questions if that is okay.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,994 Views)

so do I just create an expression using the example you gave me? Also, is there an easy way to manually poll a site? Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,992 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Prana

Yes, an expression object would work.  That would be good if you display it more than one place.  I work mostly with Modbus objects but I think most if not all PLC objects behave the same.  There are two polling writable data members (yellow fields) - pollrate and poll.  pollrate is a time interval and poll is a discrete.  A pushbutton (or any true condition) could be used to poll the device. 

Message 5 of 7
(4,978 Views)

Thank you so much. you have been a real big help. You rock.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,976 Views)

I hate to ask dumb questions, but by using the Poll data members, is this confirming actual radio communications to an RTU? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,967 Views)