From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Color in Hyper Trend

Help needed! any suggestion is welcome.

This is in Lookout 6.1, Windows XP SP2:

I'm trying to allow the user to pick which pen will be visible and the color for each pen of the same hyper trend. I see I can not duplicate the same tag name with a different color in the same trend, and then select the 'enable1.1-enable999.999' data member (make it true/false).

Then (plan B) 16 groups were configured, each with the same tags but diffrent colors. (group 1 is all red, group 2 is all blue, and so on). I found that Lookout does not allow to select different pens form diffferent groups using the 'enable1.1-enable999.999'  data member (first number is group number, and the second number is the pen number): it seems that the hyper trend object only allows to select a group at a time ('activeGroup' data member) and after that, each pen can be turned visible or ast least not with 'enablex.x' data member so far.

There are 16 colors or groups done, each one with the same 60 pens (or 60 tags). This is a time consuming task!

How can I get around this trouble?
How can I allow to select the color and visibility of each pen?
Are there too many pens in each group, is that the reason of the problem?

Thanks in advance.Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,505 Views)
One way to use a different color is the make a symblic link connected on the trend, then allow the use to enter the link for the color.

You could also create a DataTable containing a Name and Link (URL) and allow the user to select it from a list.  Use the cursor method.

Good luck
Mike
Mike Crabtree - Lead Developer
Destek of Nevada, Inc. / Digital Telemetry Systems, Inc.
(866) 964-6948 / (760) 247-9512
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,495 Views)

Color of the pens are graphic settings, they are not in the data members of the Hyper Trend. There is no 'yellow' field to enter an expression when color are assigned; what is available is a color palete when configuring the pen.

Come on folks, someone else have dealed with this before?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,490 Views)
Ok ill try again....

Make a symbolic link.  (SymLink1)
Add SymLink1 to the trend, range of -99999 to 99999, set color
Then connect a TextEntry1 to the symbolic link.
Create a pot for Min and Max, connect to hypertrend for that symbolic link.

You can create multiples of each object to accomplish multiple pen colors.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,473 Views)

I don't know why Mike, but your suggestion does not work here. Actually, I don't understand well what you wrote. Even so, I gave it a try  but nothing changed. I'm trying other ways also, but if you can be more explicit, it might help.

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,433 Views)
Here you go. Very quick example.

Lookout 5.1
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,424 Views)

I opened your example, thanks. It shows very simple how to use dynamic links with Hyper trends. This is a good starting point for me, I'm thinking to use the function 'choose' or a table, like you wrote.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,419 Views)
No problem, you can make some very elaborate graphs with a few objects. 

Our full graphs have min, max, enable, colors, scaling, grouping, etc.

Good luck

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,412 Views)