cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help! Interlocked Switches or buttons

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have a Jail Access & Control application running in lookout 6.1. My customer has asked me to add 2 screen buttons or switches to release 2 different groups of doors in the event they have an emergency. They want me to add a button on the lookout client to release the first group called A-Group. This would release the first group of doors allowing the prisoners to exit the cells and enter a secured sally-port area. Then they want a second button to release the second group of doors called B-Group. This would allow the prisoners to leave the building. They only want the second B-Group button to be able to be used or pressed when Group-A is already on. I need to interlock the switches or pushbuttons ( I can use either one) I do not see any way of doing this in Lookout? I could even just disable the switch until the Group-A switch was on but the disable only works when the switch is in DDE mode. I really need to find a solution to this any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,201 Views)
You can use "visible" datamember of switch or pushbutton. Set visible data member of switch group B to be ON when switch group A is ON. You doing this by making connection between value datamember of switch group A and visible datamember of switch group B. When visible datamember is OFF the control of this object is disabled too.
Albert
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,178 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried it and it works but the problem is if the user turns off the first switch they cannot get to the second switch to turn it off. It would really be nice if I could just disable the switch. I have been looking for a activeX switch to use but so far have not had any luck. I used a fre one from Iconics but it causes my process to crash.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,167 Views)
I think you can solve this using logical expressions in visible conditions. For example, you have two switch GroupA and GroupB. You can put condition in visible datamember of GroupB as folows: GroupA.value or (!GroupA.value and GroupB.value), and this means that GroupB can be controlled only if GroupA is ON or GroupA if OFF and GroupB is ON. However, you can use expressions depend on logic you want. 
Albert
Message 4 of 7
(7,159 Views)

Will this work?  Using the reset and resetvalue to cause bgroup to close if a is closed.

Mike

Mike Crabtree - Lead Developer
Destek of Nevada, Inc. / Digital Telemetry Systems, Inc.
(866) 964-6948 / (760) 247-9512
Message 5 of 7
(7,148 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RobMiller2002

Hi

Thank you Albert and Mike for your post! I have played around with the visible datamember but I do not like the fact that the switch is not always visible to the user. I have tried your exapmle Mike and I think it will be the best work around to my problem. Thanks again guys and if I come up with an ActiveX switch conrtrol that I can disable I will post the information here.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,138 Views)

Use the Microsoft Common Controls to setup activex buttons or switches.  Should be in Windows already 🙂

Good luck

Mike

Mike Crabtree - Lead Developer
Destek of Nevada, Inc. / Digital Telemetry Systems, Inc.
(866) 964-6948 / (760) 247-9512
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,123 Views)