Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus Logical Data Member Status Not Logging

I am using several Modbus objects and have setup aliases for all of the Native Members that are being used.  For each alias, I checked the "Log to historical database" box.  None of the members/aliases that have not been setup as Alarm Conditions (i.e. checking "Generate logical alarm" box) seem to be logging to the database.  When I print Alarms and Events ot Event only reports, none of the non alarm events, other than button presses and Edit Mode On/Off events are in the reports.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,339 Views)

There are 2 databases. Alarms & Events are logged to Alarm/Event database.

The Modbus objects that you "Log to historical database" are logged as traces and saved in the citadel database. As logical members they will be logged as 1's or 0's. This data can be viewed with Measurement and Automation (MAX) or within Lookout using hypertrend objects.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,333 Views)

It sounds like you want to use the "Event" object located in the Logger Folder. This will allow to to use the modbus alias as a trigger to record a non-alarm event to the event logger. When you check "Log to Historical Database" the Modbus item is logged as a trace to Citadel. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,321 Views)