Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitsubishi FX driver proble

Anybody know how to set Mitsubishi serial data bits to 8 in the driver properties dialog? Every time I try to change to 8 it reverts back to 7. I know the default for Mitsubishi is 7E1, but its imparitive I set this to 8 for my scada radio network compatibility. Anybody?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,483 Views)

If the setting switches back to 7, it's a definite bug. 

One thing you can try:  after creating the FX Object and saving the process, go to the source file (.LKS) and change the setting there to 8.  Save and compile this LKS file and check if it still reverts back (in the LKS file) to 7.  Worth a shot.

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,467 Views)
Thanks Khalid for your response. When you go back into Lookout to work, as soon as you save your process it reverts back to 7. What are the chances NI would fix this problem? I don't know how responsive they are to this sort of thing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,463 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for showing this to us.  We are always looking to improve our products.  I was able to reproduce it and showed it to R&D.  They have found the error and are working on a fix on it, right now.  I will post whenever the fix is ready.  It shouldn't take long.

Thank you again and sorry for any inconvenience.

Ricardo S.

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,457 Views)
Cool. Now thats support! I'm a Lookout fan forever!

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,453 Views)

Hello,

The fix is ready.  Please go to http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/506/lang/en

It has been added to the Lookout Fixes. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Thank you,

Ricardo S.

National Instruments

Message Edited by Support on 02-04-2009 04:45 PM
Message 6 of 6
(3,439 Views)