Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout won't communicate with PLC above 9600 baud

I can successfully communicate with a Koyo DL250 PLC at 9600 baud. If I increase the speed in lookout I lose communication between lookout and the PLC. The PLC has a maximum throughput of 36,800 and I have also increased the serial port speed in my operating system (Windows 2000 Professional). Any ides why I can't communicate over 9600 baud?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,943 Views)
How long is the RS232???? The longer the cable, the more capacitance to ground, the lower the frequencies (baud) it can handle. Also, the longer the run, the more RF it can pickup.

Is it shielded? Is it grounded?

Is it running near any power conduits (110VAC, 220Vac, 480vac, ETC.)? Or worse, in a power conduit?

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
Message 2 of 3
(2,943 Views)
Thanks Tommy, but I was able to figure it out. The baud rate for port 2 of the DL250 had to be set using it's programming software. If anyone has the same trouble you can set the baud rate for port 2 of the DL250 by first connecting to the PLC, then clicking "PLC" in the top menu, then clicking on "setup", then clicking on "Setup sec. Sec Comm". Also note that port 1 has a maximum baud rate of only 9600, so if you need a faster connection you need to use port 2.
Message 3 of 3
(2,943 Views)