Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout error - OPC/OLE error (1) OPC server interface not supported (66) No such interface supported (80004002)

I am getting an opc error in Lookout when i am running the opc client. The error is "OPC/OLE error (1) OPC server interface not supported (66) No such interface supported (80004002)
I am using an opc server built by Rauland_Borg to control an intercom and door control system rack of equipment. The opc server apperas to be running and I can see the server when i add an opc client in Lookout, but i add the client and start lookout after about 20 seconds i get the message above in the alarm window and it will not go away.
I have successfully connected the OPC server to the rack of hardware using a lantronix uds-1100 setup for rs-485 protocol and i can see message being sent and received by another GUI that is currently working. I can email the opc server software and manual to anyone who wants to take a look and see if the problem is just my PC of if there is something else wrong. Please help if you can.
thx
wp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(12,521 Views)

switched OPC client in Lookout from "Local Server" to "In-Process Server" and the the following error

OPC/OLE error (1) couldnt create an OPC server object (65) Class not registered (80040154)

maybe this helps

thx

wp

Message Edited by wespiece on 10-08-2007 08:30 AM

Message Edited by wespiece on 10-08-2007 08:30 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(12,510 Views)
You can send the OPC Server to lookout.support@ni.com, or upload to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming/  if it's too large.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(12,491 Views)

The file is posted as Secureplex OPC.zip on the FTP site. To anyone else who may want it, i can email it, it's only 2mb. The driver was written by Flexware Innovation 317-813-5400. I tried to contact them but they never returned my call. Maybe someone can look at the OPC server with serverexplorer and see what i am doing wrong. Serverexplorer sounds like a nice tool but is not included with Lookout. Thanks for the help. Let me know what you find. wp

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(12,487 Views)
The first time I tried to connect this server, it's ok. But after I closed it and run it again, I could not connect to it any more.
Now, I'm using  Lookout, Server Explorer, Kepware OPC Client, but none of them can connect it. So, I guess the problem exists in the OPC Server.
You can also try 3rd party OPC client on your computer.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(12,471 Views)

i can now see the data items in the OPC client inside Lookout but i cannot get the field i/o to respond. I created an expression that points directly to one of the data input points and it does not change status. Input I0007 is a watchdog bit that goes from off to on about once a second to indicate communications is ok with the field i/o cpu. I no longer have the comm fail issue. i should be able to fire outputs in lookout and see the message in the opc server that i posted. any ideas would help.

thx

wp

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(12,463 Views)
I now have control of the field I/O but am getting exception errors about every 30 minutes. The error logs in windows xp sp2 show "Faulting application - lookout.exe Faulting module ntdll.dll and oleaut32.dll" I do not know what these files do or why they would cause an exception error that shuts down lookout direct. please help if you can
thx
wp

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(12,339 Views)
These two dll are from microsoft. I have no idea why it crashes.
This is a critical problem. If you want to get official technical support, please contact Automation Direct, since LookoutDirect is supported by them.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(12,327 Views)

wespiece

It does not sound like this was your original problem, what did you change just before getting the DLL error?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(12,227 Views)
the original problem was occuring because the opc server and client we not connected. once i got the connection established that is when the crashes started.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(12,225 Views)