Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout does not recognize NI PCI-6514 card

Lookout 4.0.1 does not recognize NI digital I/O boards PCI-6514 or PCI-6030E (analog output works on PCI-6030E card).

This may have to do with the NIDAQ legacy vs. NIDAQmx.

Is there a driver for these I/O cards in Lookout?  or, is there an OPC server that would make the connection?

Thanks,
Raed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,192 Views)
Hello,

The problem is that the 6514 is only supported by NI-DAQmx as you can see here. Ony traditional DAQ support DAQ OPC which would allow you to use the 6514 through OPC.
There are other DIO boards that are supported in traditional as you can see on the page linked above(The ones that have a "T" underneath). If using DAQ OPC is a must for your application, I would suggest purchasing one board supported in Traditional NI-DAQ.

SergesL
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,188 Views)
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  I already have the hardware.  Is there any other way to connect lookout to the PCI-6514 other than OPC?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,180 Views)
Hello RaedOsachi,
                              Since NI PCI-6514 is supported only by DAQmx driver it cannot be connected to Lookout through OPC. The workaround would be to use LabVIEW to communicate to the DAQ card and then use LabVIEW DSC or Datasocket to connect to Lookout. Hope this helps.

Regards,
RMM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,172 Views)
I am not sure yet if this will work in Lookout 4.0.1 but looking at it suggests it will.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,043 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,601 Views)