Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout client wont start.

After installing Lookout client software it will not start up. When you run it it begins to startup and then I recieve an error saying
Part Of Logos
Part of Logos has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry forthe inconvenience.

Under Errors Signature it says
szAppName: lkads.exe    szAppVer:4.6.0.1046      szModName: lksock.dll
szModVer: 4.6.0.1046   offset: 0002b0a0

any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,581 Views)

It seems that Logos is not installed properly. Try to repair the Lookout.

Please also make sure to have windows administrator privilege.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,573 Views)
Well to make things more confusing if i dissable my network card before i run the lookout client, it starts up just fine.
after it starts up i can re enable my nic and open up my client processes and everythign works fine.

Im thinking it has to do with our Lookout server and Client Liscenses. Our lookout server use to say we had 1 client liscense and now it doesnt.

When you install the client software and connect to a process does the client liscense get permanatley assigned to that client computer ?
And if that is the case how can you re assign the client liscense ?

Any help or comments appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,570 Views)
The client license is not assigned to client computer.
I think you have not activated any client license on the server computer. You were using the Evaluation server when you saw the 1 client license on server computer. After 30 days, the Evaluation license expired, so you don't have that 1 client license any more.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,550 Views)

Well we got the liscense installed and everything is working for the most part.

Have one more question, I have been able to get lookout client to work fine on a brand new machine with only lookout client installed.

However if i install the client on another machine attempt to run lookout I get the same error as before the only difference is there is another program installed

on it called Citiworks which also i SQL back end driven. Wondering if you knew if there was a know compatibility issue with lookout and this software or if something else is wrong.

Any infromation appreciated

Thanks,

David Woodcock

CIty of Saint George

Water Services

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,417 Views)
I have no experience with that software.
If it's possible for you to uninstall it, you can test whether it's the compatibility issue..
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,401 Views)
Thanks Ryan,
Just was wondering if you might have had any experience before i uninstalled it. But Thanks to your response I now know that I will have to setup my own test enviroment and find out.
Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,395 Views)

Well found out that it was citiworks. As long as the computer only has lookout installed it works fine but if you install cityworks it wont work.

Well at least we know now.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,298 Views)