From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout WebClient Not Showing the Same data as on Server

Dear All,

I want to acquired/view the same process data on the lookout web client computer as i have develped on the Server, I completed the following steps.

Server Machine Steps.

1. I created the Lookout process on the development machine.
2. I created the LKWebClient on the C Drive root  e.g C:\LKWebClient
3. I configured the web Directory as        c:\lkwebclient\
4. The Server URL was       http://server/llkwebclient/
5. I exported WebServer Files.

Note:  I saved the process file process1.l4p in the root directory of lookout    e.g C:\program files\National Instruments\Lookout 5.0\
 as it was suggested by lookout process.

Client Machine Steps.

1. I went to Internet Explorer
2. I type the following     //server/LKWebClient\Process1.htm
3. It is showing me the same Panel which i have created on the server computer

than what is problem???

When i change the value of contorl (Bush Button, Pot ), it is not reflecting on my Client Computer.

How i can view the changes on my Client Computer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,690 Views)
You must ensure that you are actually connecting to the server process, with the client. (You cannot just save the server process and run it on the client)

See the Lookout Manual for an example.

Good luck
Mike
Mike Crabtree - Lead Developer
Destek of Nevada, Inc. / Digital Telemetry Systems, Inc.
(866) 964-6948 / (760) 247-9512
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,685 Views)

Thanks, but i think i have not eleborated my question.

It was not the copy of server process ??.l4p, it was  webclient process which include an   ???.htm file, when i run this file it was not showing the same data on my client process which i opened through client proces (.htm) file.

Some time while closing or refresing on the internet explorer it show me the exat data, but not alway. I want to monitor the server process through internet explorer.

Thanks for feedback

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,675 Views)
Which process do you compare with the web client process?
You should firts create a client process which connects to the server process. Then compile it into web client process. When you run the .htm file, you will see the client process in IE, and you should also run the server process in Lookout at the same time. The web client process connects to the server process directly.

If you run the client process in Lookout, does it work fine? Assume you use symbolic link in client process, take care the URL of the symbolic link, it should be absolute path.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,667 Views)

I am comparing the webclient prcess (.htm file) which i am running on the client process using the IE.

Also i am running the server process on the Server Computer.

When i am changing the value of Pot object on the Server Computer its not showin me the reflection/change i have made on the server.

Now can you please tell me why i need the symbolic link as i am using only the lookout object (Pot), or how i can configure the Symblic Link, I used the Symbolic link  for a client/server application where i was using the Modbus Object.

Please explain me Symblic Link in detail for this type of application.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,659 Views)
If you use only one pot, you don't need the symbolic link.
You'd better try to run the web client on the server machine first, in order to avoid the network problem.
Could you attach your both server and client process? I'm still thinking that you may not connect the client to server correctly, such as not using absolute path.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,642 Views)