Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout Upgrade

I have a customer that is using Lookout V4.5 running on Windows 3.1 who wants to upgrade to the latest version of Lookout and run it on Windows 10. If we proceed with this will I be able to migrate the Lookout application without having to redevelop the application? The feature we are most interested in is the fact that Lookout will log to a CSV file on demand.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,707 Views)

They may be some objects that are not compatible in the latest version.

May need a multiple version update (4.5 > 5.1 > 6.7.1)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,651 Views)

Is there anyone out there that available for hire to take a fully developed very old Lookout setup that is running on Windows 98 (yes, you read correctly) and help us to bring it up to Windows 10.  Even if the easiest way is to redo the entire setup with a new NI license and redo all of the graphics, that would be OK and we wish to move forward right away.  I have 8 customers that want to do it and the $ and demand are there to support such an effort.  Please let us know.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,497 Views)

I just posted this and saw your entry, have you had any luck? 

"Is there anyone out there that available for hire to take a fully developed very old Lookout setup that is running on Windows 98 (yes, you read correctly) and help us to bring it up to Windows 10.  Even if the easiest way is to redo the entire setup with a new NI license and redo all of the graphics, that would be OK and we wish to move forward right away.  I have 8 customers that want to do it and the $ and demand are there to support such an effort.  Please let us know."

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,495 Views)

Lookout 6.7.1, the latest (last) version, is not recommended for Windows 10.

With some work and tweaks it can be stable, ish.

Disable UAC in windows

Set lookout.exe to run with admin privileges, windows 7 compatibility.

Create a scheduled task to start Lookout after login (15 second delay typically works well).

>Be sure to check the "Start only on AC power" and "Stop if on battery", save (OK) and then edit and remove the checks.

All that being said, really should look at the possibility of changing platforms completely. There is no "conversion" and must be redone completely.

We have started migrating all of our customers to ClearSCADA. Pricing is reasonable, support is good and actually is developed and improved.

For small, simple deployments look into DAQFactory: Low cost, good support and relatively powerful.

Good luck,

Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,491 Views)

I have upgraded over 40 old Lookout 3.8 and 4.5 programs to the "new" LKD 6.7 on windows 10.  Really the only way to do this is a complete rebuild.  Systems are running very good with little to no errors/problems.  I can def. assist in rebuilding your systems.  Let me know if you are still interested.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,821 Views)