Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout Opc Client Vs OFS Factory server

I tried to connect Lookout to the OFS Factory Server by Schneider Automation. From the NI Server Explorer I can manage Groups and Items on the OFS server, but in Lookout data member I can't see anything.
Does somebody know how to connect righlty everything?
Does lookout support data arrays?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,566 Views)
Lookout does not support any array formats. That is most likely the connection problem you are dealing with. The long work around is to use a data table in LK and connect a cell to every element in the array that you want to see. Sorry, I'm not familiar with OFS Factory Server.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,566 Views)
Hi,

I have never used the OFS Factory Server but I can tell you that Lookout does not support data arrays from an OPC Server through the OPCClient object. It supports numeric, logical, and text I/O only.

However, Lookout comes with the DataSocket object that you can use to communicate to the OFS Server using OPC. DataSocket does support array data types. Refer to the index in Lookout Help and enter DataSocket to find the "access an array" topic. The URL to the OPC Server that you would use in the DataSocket Object would be something like the following:

opc://localhost/OPC_Server_Name/OPC_item_name

Good Luck!

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,566 Views)
Oh, that's cool man... Lookout & array datatype with OPC.

In my small example it would have something like:
DataSocket1.URL = opc://localhost/Matrikon.OPC.Simulation/Random.ArrayOfReal8
And read expressions like:
DataSocket1.data:1.num = First random value from Matrikon Demo Server of array(R_8) item
DataSocket1.data:2.num = Second random value from Matrikon Demo Server of array(R_8) item

Additional Hint:
You have to set the Connect datamember of the datasocket object to TRUE.
If you connect an expression to the datatype you will see what kind of basic Lookout type would match the best to represent the data (DataSocket1.data.logical/num/txt)

Hope this helps
Roland
PS: Matrikon has a OPC demo server (free available) that has array datatypes.
href=http://www.matrikon.com/drivers/opc/simulation.asp>OPC Simulation Server

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,565 Views)