Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.7.1 Slowness after Migration

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an old computer with Lookout 6.1 that crash. A new computer has been rebuilt with Lookout 6.7.1 and I tried copying the existing LKS, LKA, L4P, L4T. The Process File opens but it is very very slow to open, it takes roughly 30 mins. is there a way to speed this up? or what could be the cause?

I was able open it relatively fast before..before I installed the OPC driver. The slowness only occur after I installed the drivers for GE and AB PLC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,746 Views)

This happened after using the OPC client driver, or using the built in lookout drivers to talk to the GE & AB plcs?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,702 Views)

We use third party OPC driver (GE and AB) INGear. I initially assumed that the slowness was due to the drivers are trying to communicate with the field devices while the computer is not on the client site yet.

When I tried uninstalling the driver, the application open way more faster.

When we reinstall the driver and stop running the driver, the application also open faster.

We will see later if it is actually the driver that is causing the slowness once we install the computer onsite. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,699 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lynchpin

The use of third party OPC on Lookout works fine after the system is installed onsite. Turn out the slowness was simply due to the SCADA system was trying to connect to the field devices when I was trying to run it in the office for configuration/testing. 

Message 4 of 6
(4,688 Views)

Have had a similar issue with another OPC server.

poor communications quality (radio) with the device would cause hangs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,683 Views)

Thanks for your input Mike@Forshock..I will note that in case I run into slowness in the system next time it happens again..

The plant is running fine now after the SCADA is installed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,679 Views)