Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.2 screen resolutions

This subject was raised a while back for Ver 4.0.1, and I'm wondering if anything has changed.

In Lookout 6.2, I am trying to build control panels that can utilize all (or most) of the customer's monitor's screen area. My laptop has a screen resolution of 1280 X 800. My client's (desktop) monitor has a res of  1280 X 1024. If I try to build a Lookout control panel with a res that exceeds my laptop's max, I cannot scroll to see (and therefore edit) portions of the panel. If I move my Integrator's license to the customer's computer to build the panel THERE, when I then try to run it on my laptop the same thing happens; I cannot see or access portions of the panel. If I build the panel on my laptop (in 1280 X 800) then run it on the customer's monitor, it occupies only a fraction of his screen. This leaves a lot of wasted screen space I could really use (read NEED to use). Short of lugging around a desktop monitor (impossible for me), is there a way around this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,690 Views)

We have not changed this behaviour. The panel size is restricted to the monitor size. We are going to remove the panel size limit, but not in current version. Sorry, I don't have a workaround now.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,676 Views)

This has always been a very annoying problem to me.

It doesn't seem like it would be too complicated for NI Lookout to add scroll bars but what do I know.

My workaround is to remote desktop to the computer that has the Lookout running at the desired resolution.

I use VNCUltra and select the "auto scaling" option.

If the resolution discrepancy is too vast like 1920 x 1080 to 1024 x 768, the text will get too small.

In this case do not select auto scaling and use the scroll bars.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,443 Views)