From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.02 plating bar

We run lookout for our plater. Each bar on our plater has an excel document that is written to from lookout. Our excel documents are as follows: bar01, bar02, bar03 ect... For some reason it skips bar 63 and goes to 64. How do i setup in lookout to export the data from bar63 to an excel document like the others are doing? I hope i am explaining it correctly.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,576 Views)
Hello, you can allocate each channel an export excel name, when you export the data, each file will contain the data from different channel. I don't really understand why you application skip creating one file, so is your application using this method to export data?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,541 Views)

I didnt set it up origanaly but it looks like that channel was never setup. How do i set it up?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,535 Views)
I can give you some guidance about how to export the data to excel. You can edit the code by the following steps. 1 Create a TextEntry object in Object Explorer under control category, and drag it to the panel. 2 Create a Switch object in Object Explorer under control category, and drag it to the panel. 3 Create a DataTable object in Object Explorer under Networking category, in Create Table window, type in the TextEntry object name to the File name field. 4 Expand Table object in the Object explorer, right click A.1-IV.64 and choose the Edit Connections, the Table Connections window shows, select A.1 in writable members, navigate to the channel you want to record to the excel, and double click it, it will be shown in the yellow field, then click the Accept button and close the window. After this step, the channel you want to record is connected to the A1 cell of the excel. 5 Expand Table object in the Object explorer, right click export and choose the Edit Connections, the Table Connections window shows, select export in writable members, navigate to the switch object you have created, and double click it, it will be shown in the yellow field, then click the Accept button and close the window. After this step, the DataTable export function is connected to the switch you created. After all these steps, you can export the data of one channel to the Excel document. After changing to run mode, click the TextEntry filed and type in Excel file name and the path you want to export(for example c:\1.xls), click the switch, the data will be exported to the excel document named 1.xls located disc C.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,520 Views)

I can not find any of these setting in lookout at all. Can you explain where i can find these settings? I dont see the menus your talking about

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,481 Views)

On the premise that Lookout (Development/Runt-Time) has been installed in your computer, you can open your source file(your .lks file) directly, then click Edit->Edit Mode to skip to edit mode, in this case,you can see the Object Explorer Window, if it is not shown, click on Object-> Object Explorer, the window shows up, then you can edit code according to the steps.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,453 Views)