From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.0.2 modbus rtu problem?

Solved!
Go to solution

Ryan

Tried to attach the diagnostic files but they are too large, around 400Megs and change.

Tried to upload to ftp incoming and it timed out.

Sorry

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 89
(2,328 Views)
Try to zip it and upload to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming. Zipped txt file can be smaller. Also tell me the approximate timestamp when the problem happens.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 89
(2,316 Views)
Message Edited by Ryan.S on 09-16-2008 09:21 PM
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 89
(2,313 Views)
Since you have got diagnostic file, although it's so large, you can stop the log setting on the port. I'm not sure if file streaming to a large txt file can affect the performance.
I'm sorry it becomed worse with a new computer. Is it the same computer as you said that uses "classic" MOBO and core2 dual?
The problem is either in Lookout 6.1, or the hardware. I don't think it is the modem or device problem. Which driver are you using now, 5.1 version or 6.1 version? I suggest you to use 6.1 version modbus with 6.1 lookout. The computer might be an issue, the timing component, the dual core, I'm not sure.
Does your customer has any other kind of computer? At least we can make sure if the computer is the issue.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 89
(2,312 Views)

Ryan

We are on 6.0.2. I installed the system in 2005.

We have 2 identical PCs both running Intel DG31pr motherboards with 1G of ram. The Core2 Duo is a dual processor.

The com port files are giving me fits right now, our ISP has been unreliable since the fires... Might be microwave tower damage.

In any case, I can't stay connected long enough to upload the zipped folder to ftp.

Got a mailing address I can send it to?

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 89
(2,296 Views)

Ryan

We tried the 5.1 modbus but got a lot of crc errors. We went back to the 6.0.2 modbus right away.

I will try to prune the txt file and send it over.

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 89
(2,295 Views)

Ryan

I have the 6.1 install disc:

Version 6.1

500668T-01

Is this the latest? Could I put that on the machine we are having trouble with and activate it, or do we have to buy the upgrade?

I was thinking that these motherboards ar probably Vista capable, and so is 6.1.  

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 89
(2,291 Views)
Roger, Hope you have chance to upload the files. If the original txt files have 400M, the zip file I guess is around 30M. The email server will not allow it... If you are able to upload it, I try to extract a part of the file instead of opening the whole 400M txt. Your 6.1 disk I think is the latest, since we don't have any small version for 6.1 installer. There are some updates on the web for Lookout 6.1, but just several updated files. If you don't have the SSP, you need to purchase the upgrade to 6.1. But I can give you a license for temporary testing. Could you tell me an Email address to access you? Btw, when the modbus object stopped polling, did you notice if the update datamember is always ON or OFF? Did the delayOn timer you implemented work?
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 89
(2,280 Views)

I will try uploading the zipped folder again today, my ISP made some changes to their system, hopefully for the better.

On 6.1, I don't have an SSP but I want to get the 6.0.2 problem figured out before we move up anyway, since it worked so well before the MOBO smoked on the old PC.

I ordered another PC with the same MOBO as the old PC last night. Should prove to be interesting.

Email is footnote AT hayfork DOT net.

I did not check the status of the update datamember, but my polling fail alarl timers were not started. Wish I had checked that.

Thanks

Roger 

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 89
(2,265 Views)

Ryan

Serial port diagnostic files are uploaded to FCS Diagnostic Files.zip

I didn't even get bumped!

Thanks

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 89