Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 5.1 No Response alarm

I am using Lookout 5.1 with modbus communication to communicate with RTU units. I often get garbled communication and also No response but then after a period of time the system makes communication and the garbled and / or no response message clears. I am talking about the messages that show up in the window area at the bottom of the screen. What I would like to do is add an alarm in case the system receives the no response and it doesn't clear after x amount of time. What I want to do is determine if I have actually lost communication with the device as opposed to just missing one of the polls. What would be the best way to do this? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,839 Views)
Maybe you can use the modbus.CommFail. When the communication fails, CommFail turns ON. Create a DelayOn Timer. On/OFF = modbus.CommFail. Timer delay = 00:10 for example. Then, create an Alarm object to monitor the DelayOn Timer.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,810 Views)
I will try this but in the past I didn't receive a Comm Fail only a No Response. Unless I missed something. That is why I wanted to trigger off of the no response. I guess I could do it the same way but it looks like the no repsonse is an analog signal. By the way I am new to Lookout.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,803 Views)
The CommFail is a datamember of the Modbus object. You will not get alarm on this datamember, but the alarm of no response. But I think the CommFail should turns ON when there is no response.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,793 Views)