Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help installing older version of Lookout

I am trying to re-learn Lookout after 10-12 years away from it.  I have recently purchased an Automation Direct PLC and tried to install an old copy of Lookout  5.1 on my home PC.  This copy of Lookout was one used on one of the many jobs I did using Lookout years ago (we had a service contract at that time.)   Some were Lookout 5.1, some were Lookout Direct.

I know the serial # and the key, however apparently it is likely this software was registered in the clients name it was used for.  I tried the name of the engineering company that I worked for at that time.  (That company no longer exists)  I get an error message that the key, serial number and name do not match.

I understand that I can run this software for 30 days without registering it, but my goal was to create a complete water treatment plant simulation - I work another day job currently, 30 days will not allow me sufficient time to re-learn this when I am working at it one night per week.

I am not looking to steal anyone's software but as a student I cannot afford to buy a copy just to learn it.  One of my complaints about this industry in general is that there are enormous barriers to entry.   Consider that as a SCADA programmer in the process control industry you need fluency in Wonderware, Intellution, Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Automation Direct etc etc.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, sorry for ranting,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,405 Views)