Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LookOut driver for Allen Bradley 1784 - PKTX Card

Has the driver for Allen Bradley 1784-PKTX been included in the latest version of LabVIEW LookOut Protocol Driver ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,164 Views)
The NI OPC Server supports PKTX card. It is shipped with DSC 8.5 or higher and can only be used with DSC 8.5 or higher. But it is not included in Lookout. We will probably add this to Lookout in the future but the current version doesn't support it.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,151 Views)

The last post is dated 2008.  Are there Allen-Bradley 1784-PKTX drivers available for Lookout V6.6?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,042 Views)

The NI OPC Server shipped with lookout 6.6 supports the 1784-PKTX card.

Get the Lookout 6.6 evaluation software

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2620/lang/en

Or you can test the NI OPC Server directly

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/204755

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,034 Views)

I have Lookout V6.6 and see that the NI OPC Server Runtime was loaded when I installed Lookout.  If I understand correctly, I have to use the NI OPC Server to communicate with the A-B DH+ board and cannot make a direct connection to the board through Lookout via a driver.  Is this correct?

Assuming this is correct, do I need to purchase additional SW to use the NI OPC Server for my project?

I have not used the NI OPC Server before.  Is there a tutorial on NI's website anywhere?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,031 Views)

The NI OPC Server license is included in the Lookout license. So, you don't need purchase additional software if you have Lookout 6.6 activated. I think the help of NI OPC Server give you a brief introduction of how to use it. You need to create a channel, device and then add tags. After you configure the NI OPC Server, you can use the Quick Client tool to test the communication. The Quick Client is part of NI OPC Server. If you see value updating in Quick Client, it means the driver works. So you can add OPClient object in Lookout to connect the NI OPC Server.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,024 Views)

Thanks Ryan, this should get me heading in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,021 Views)