Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO Beginner need help connecting cFP-1808 thru ethernet port direct to a Laptop

Hi, every one

I'm start learning about LO, and have troubles connecting the cFP bank to my Laptop when I use a direct ethernet cross cable from the PAC, if I use the serial connection or by means of a hub MAX can see the PAC, but if I use a crossover ethernet cable to connect it,  MAX can't do it, in the help talk about to a static IP address but I don't know where is it, by an hyper terminal, I connect the PAC by the serial port and use the console out switch to receive the IP address used by the firmware in the cFP-1808 but the information obtained don't have it.

Please help me, and if you know publications, books or another source of information let me know.
Paul Lima
America Grey Instruments,
ventas@amerigrey.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,884 Views)

Hi Paulcardo,

In order to connect directly to a cFP-1808 through a crossover cable, you need to change the network setting of your PC to use a static IP address and not receive its IP address from the LAN.  The 1808 must then be configured with an IP address within that same range.  For example, if you configure your computer to use IP address 192.168.0.1 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, the 1808 must have an IP address of 192.168.0.x where "x" is any number between 2 and 255.  For more information, you can see the following link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/DF05D39E13B3AC4B862569B60055B6DC?OpenDocument

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Regards,

Erin

NI Mexico

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,875 Views)
Gracias Erin

Me ayudaste a resolver mi problema y ya se como conectarme por el puerto ethernet, hay un dip switch en el cFP.1808 que le envia a MAX la configuracion de fabrica del IP y con las instrucciones que me proporcionaste,cambie la configuracion y ya estoy trabajando, quisiera saber si tambien me podrias ayudar a comprender como puedo usar los data members de mi PAC, por ejemplo si tengo dos  modulo cFP-DO-401  el primero  MAX lo indexa como cFP-DO-401 @1 y el segundo como cFP-DO-401 @2 entonces cuando quiero usar un data member de mi lista DO000.00-DO255.15 si quiero usar un canal 1 de mi modulo 401 el codigo seria DO001.00 y si quisiera usar el canal 3 de mi segundo modulo seria DO002.02 y me ha funcionado bien, pero tengo un modulo cFP-AIO-600 y MAX lo escribe como cFP-AIO-600 @5, supongo que el numero despues del @ es la posicion del modulo dentro del PAC, cuando quiero accesar para obtener lectura de mi señal analoga atravez del AI000.00-AI255.15 me acepta la conexion pero obtengo una alarma de "Bad quality received from network module" sea como sea que trate de colocar la señal AI005.00 o el canal que sea simplemente sigo obteniendo la misma alarma

Agradezco de antemano el soporte que me estas proporcionando.

Paul Ricardo Lima Maldonado
Paul Lima
ventas@amerigrey.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,848 Views)
Hi Erin.

Last replay was in spanish because in your signature appeared NI  Mexico, but if you don't speak in spanish let me know to replay the last mail in english.

Regars

Paul
Paul Lima
ventas@amerigrey.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,845 Views)

Hola Paul,

Si hablo espanol.  Intente configurar tu sistema y tampoco me funciono.  Recibi el error "Bad Quality Received from Network Module".  Por eso, recomiendo que uses el objecto "OPCFieldpoint" en vez del objeto "Fieldpoint".  Verifique que eso si funciona con el modulo AIO-610.  Voy a investigar mas el problema con el objeto "Fieldpoint" pero mientras el "OPCFieldpoint" es la mejor opcion.

Saludos,

Erin

NI Mexico

English Translation: I tried configuring the same system, and it didn't work with the AIO-610.  I received a "Bad Quality" error everytime that I tried to connect.  Therefore, I would recommend using the OPCFieldpoint object instead of the Fieldpoint object.  The OPCFieldpoint object works in a straightforward manner with the AIO-610.  I will continue to investigate the reason behind this error and the correct way of addressing the AIO-610 using the Fieldpoint object.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,835 Views)