Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to run Lookout Client software in Windows 2000 Server. It works just fine when I am at the server console.

In Windows 2000 we use Windows Terminal Server to access our programs via the internet. When I try to start the Lookout program, I get an error that says "Waiting on Time Service", then it says "Time Service not responding" and it won't start the program.As I said before it works fine when you are at the server console but I get the error over the internet and our intranet.
Any ideas ??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,001 Views)
In Windows 2000 we use Windows Terminal Server to access our programs via the internet. When I try to start the Lookout program, I get an error that says "Waiting on Time Service", then it says "Time Service not responding" and it won't start the program.The time service is not starting when you use terminal server. There are three services that must be started for Lookout to run properly: time service, classifieds and citadel service. Running Lookout in this manner is not supported by National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,001 Views)
In Windows 2000 we use Windows Terminal Server to access our programs via the internet. When I try to start the Lookout program, I get an error that says "Waiting on Time Service", then it says "Time Service not responding" and it won't start the program.It's past time for NI to get Lookout to work with Terminal Services and support such, now that Wonderware and Intellution are both promoting terminal services versions of their products. Compaq's has a new line of Windows CE and NT embeded thin client computers, and Dell is around the corner with new offerings. Thin is in!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,001 Views)
In Windows 2000 we use Windows Terminal Server to access our programs via the internet. When I try to start the Lookout program, I get an error that says "Waiting on Time Service", then it says "Time Service not responding" and it won't start the program.From what I have seen trying to work with Lookout, NI doesn't support and is unwilling to support most new technologies (Microsoft Clustering, TCP/IP Gateways). As an integrator I would be reluctant to recommend Lookout on furture projects.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,001 Views)