From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypertrend on remote client causes CPU usage spike

I've encountered difficulty using remote hypertrends in Lookout 6.0.1.

When using a hypertrend to access a logged data item from a remote server, the server's CPU periodically spikes. Accessing several logged objects via the client hypertrend can cause the server CPU to be overwhelmed and crash Lookout.

I have an example server and client process for demonstration (don't quite know how to post them). Using the client routine on the server causes no trouble but when the client accesses the server from a remote computer, the CPU usage monitor spikes.

I didn't have this trouble with Lookout 5. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,007 Views)

MDN,

Thank you for your continued investment in Lookout.  Lookout 6 includes many improvements over earlier versions including enhanced data reliability and the ability to interface Lookout databases with other National Instruments software products, such as the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module and DIAdem.   

After our recent release some users reported the CPU performance issues that you mentioned in this thread.  This issue should not affect all users.  We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.  Please check back frequently at ni.com/downloads for information regarding Lookout fixes and patches.

Thank you for your feedback. 

Regards,

Nick F

Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,979 Views)