From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart LookoutDirect comm links?

If LookoutDirect starts with a comm link disconnected, it is disabled and must be restarted from "Options/DirectLOGIC link status". I am still looking for a way to do this without human intervention. It was suggested to run csmain.exe from a Run command. Doing this just brings up a CSMain window. Even if you re-enable the comm link (by checking the "Link enabled" box) in the window, the link does not restart in Lookout. Does anyone (ENTHUSIAST?) have any more suggestions?

Thanks

The Mymble
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,043 Views)

Here's the first post for reference:
http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=506500000008000000D6D10000&UCATEGORY_0=_9_&UCATEGORY_S=0

Did you try re-loading the Lookout process programmatically once the comm-link is active? Re-loading the process should force it to see the enabled comm-link.

Alternatively, how about delaying the loading of the Lookout "main" process (programmatically) until after the comm-link is established? As you mentioned earlier, the cause here seems to be that the PC (hence Lookout) starts before the PLC. If that is indeed the issue we need to solve, we can delay the loading of the "main" Lookout process.

We can create a dummy startup process -- all that it does is waits for a pre-defin
ed amount of time and THEN launches the main process (which has your DL Object). This waiting can be accomplished using either the DelayON or the OneShot Object. And the Loader object to load the "main" process.

Hope this helps. Even if you solved this some other way, please write back to let us know -- I am curious to know.

Regards,

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,043 Views)

ran into this issue today.  what i did is create 2 run objects. I used "taskkill /f /im csmain.exe" and then "csmain.exe" on an XP Pro SP3 machine.

looks like i bttt an old thread 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,651 Views)

The Lookout direct "activated" datamember is writable, so you can monitor and manipulate it with an expression.

Jim Besselman

Message 4 of 5
(3,620 Views)
Thats what im lookin for.  thnx.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,585 Views)