From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dynamically change text color in Lookout?

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like the color of text to change depending on a different value.  How can I do this in Lookout?

I've tried finding connections to text inserts and expressions but haven't been successful.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,354 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author davey31415

Edit the text display property, set Background Style as "Transparent".

Create a Gauge object. It is able to change color on different conditions. Put the Gauge above the text display.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(6,334 Views)

I have tried this before but it didn't work. Can you explain better?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,035 Views)

This way actually doesn't change the text color, but change the background color of the text. You know the Gauge is able to change color. If a TextEntry object is transparent, you will just see the text. Put the Gauge and TextEntry together, and move the TextEntry to front.

Take a look at this example.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/1215

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,020 Views)

If you want the text color to change you can 'stack' expressions with different colored text or have a static base text and an overlying expression with colored text.  The attached example might make what I’m trying to describe a little clearer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,002 Views)