Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correct socket communications error 10054: connection reset by peer

We are running Lookout 5.1 (build 😎 reading data through Modbus Ethernet Drivers and we are constantly getting "socket communications error 10054: connection reset by peer" alarms on the server. When I connect to the server file with a client file the client is experiencing communications problems including locking up when editing, trends not showing up, stops updating completely (can only be corrected by restarting server file), and losing symbolic link.

Does anyone know how to stop this alarm from happening and if this could be the cause of my faulty server-client connection or is this strictly a problem between the server and the ethernet radios in the field?

Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason
Jason Phillips
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(23,689 Views)

Jason,

I'm having issues with this as well.  Did you come to any conclusions?

Thanks,

Steven

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(16,893 Views)

DST1,

All I had to do was increase the receive timeout in each driver's properties until the socket errors disappeared. I have them all set to 30000 msec. Communications have been great on this wireless ethernet system ever since.

Sorry for not answering sooner - needed to make time to go back and look at the file and then TS Lee came our way!

Jason Phillips
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(16,849 Views)

Ok, thanks and I'll give that a try!

Hope everyone made it through the storm!

Steven

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(16,843 Views)